It will bi nice to have a deb package side by side with the rpm one. What you
João Sousa Andrade
Universidade de Coimbra
The traditional way of getting this news out was via the
gretl-announce mailing list. But I think a lot more people are
subscribed to this list, so at the risk of duplication I'll
post here too.
8/10/09 version 1.8.3
- Fix bugs 2819633, 2827358, 2828349, 2833434
- $stopwatch: use times() function if available, to include
execution time of child processes
- Add function "mreverse" to reverse rows of a matrix
- Add function "deseas" to deseasonalize a monthly or
quarterly time series using X-12-ARIMA or TRAMO/SEATS
- Remove function "strcmp" as redundant
- Add "sscanf" function
- Add function "pergm" corresponding to the pergm command
- Several fixes and enhancements for interaction with
TRAMO/SEATS and X-12-ARIMA
- Many small GUI fixes
- Add (optional) support for Ox programs via the "foreign"
- Ctrl-X in editing windows: cut text, don't exit
- Data importers: add a comment to the imported dataset
saying where it came from
- 3-D graphs: use the wxt terminal in gnuplot if it's
- Fix for putting RTF onto clipboard on OS X
- Observation labels ("case markers"): print up to 15
characters of such labels
- Support compaction of hourly (24 hours per day) data
- Add "set" variable "csv_na" to control the representation
of NA values in CSV output (also GUI selector for same)
- Remove old "set" variable, "protect_lists"
- Help windows: substantial revamp of GUI, plus fixes for
dealing with translated helpfiles
- Add experimental function debugger: new "debug" command
- Stata importer: support current format 114 .dta files
- MS Windows: update the GTK+ stack
- Lists: allow formation of a new list by subtraction of
one list from another
- "omit" command with --auto option: allow specification
of a list of candidates for omission
- fix bug: "smpl --no-missing" was not always purging
missing values in the case of panel data
- fix bug: possible confusion when creating a named list if
the dataset contains a variable named "to"
- fix bug: wrong error message given by "system" command
on encountering missing values
- fix bug: crash in estimating a system via LIML when the
equations are given in TSLS fashion (i.e., y X ; Z)
Department of Economics
Wake Forest University
For some time now I've been making parallel OS X builds of gretl
for Intel and PPC. The latest efforts are today's snapshots:
I've heard from people using gretl on OS X/Intel and I'm able to
test that myself -- so I'm reasonably confident that the Intel
build is worthwhile -- but I haven't heard from anyone on PPC, and
I can't test on that platform myself.
Bottom line is that I have no idea whether the current PPC build
even works, or whether I'm wasting CPU cycles compiling it and
wasting bandwidth uploading it.
So: if anyone on PPC wants current gretl, please let me know,
otherwise I'll probably drop it as of the 1.8.3 release.
Department of Economics
Wake Forest University
is there any possibility to test a restriction of the kind
b/b=b/b using the wald-test?
If I read the manual correctly it does not seem to be implemented. Or
does there exist an alternative to test this kind of restriction?
I am also in favor of this feature since one could save a lot of time
and it might be helpful in certain situations.
Maybe this is not that difficult to implement(?)
Hi, I have just discovered gretl. It is quite convenient that
insignificant regressors can be sequentially dropped from a
regression. However, sometimes want does not want to drop certain
regressors right away, even if they are insignificant (e.g. variables
in levels in an unrestricted error correction model). Is it possible
to exclude some variables from the routine? How? Best wishes, Till
When i was estimation a simultaneous equation model, a error massage
appeared: You must include a constant in this sort of model.
Could anybody be kindly tell me the reason and how to solve the problem?
PS. system setting:
# set the model up as a system
equation pf 0 gdpr pcr kaopen
equation pcr 0 pf gdp topen fdi efw
endog pf pcr
# and estimate it in various ways
estimate "all" method=ols
I will be out of the office starting 08/05/2009 and will not return until
Hi All, I will be out of the office from tomorrow Wednesday Aug 5, 2009
until Wed Aug 12, 2009. Returning to the office that Wednesday Aug 12. I
will be taking my computer during my PTO trip and will be working on
occassion during that time. Please, if you have an immediate question
regarding Cost Model or Construction Economics, contact Bradly A Njus at
510 625 4595 or email us with your questions.
Thanks much for your consideration.
Hi, I have just discovered gretl. It is quite convenient that insignificant regressors can be sequentially dropped from a regression. However, sometimes want does not want to drop certain regressors right away, even if they are insignificant (e.g. variables in levels in an unrestricted error correction model). Is it possible to exclude some variables from the routine? How? Best wishes, Till
Jetzt kostenlos herunterladen: Internet Explorer 8 und Mozilla Firefox 3 -
sicherer, schneller und einfacher! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser