On Sat, 23 Jul 2011, Giuseppe Vittucci wrote:
I am using gretl 1.9.5 running on Ubuntu 10.10.
Here is the problem. It is probably a bug. I don't know.
1) I open a dataset, manipulate it and create some matrices;
2) I open another dataset and with the option --preserve I manage to
maintain the matrices created during the session. And indeed I can see
the old matrices with the new dataset.
3) I save the session and close the program;
4) When I reopen the saved session, in the icon window there is now none
of the matrices I have created before, nor they can be called via the
It's possible this has been fixed since the 1.9.5 release --
either that or the problem is conditional on something
obscure. I just tried the following with current CVS gretl:
1) Ran this script:
ols 1 0 2 3
matrix b = $coeff
nulldata 10 --preserve
2) Saved the session and closed gretl.
3) Restarted gretl and opened the session file.
The matrix 'b' reappeared OK among the session icons.