On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, andreas.rosenblad(a)ltv.se wrote:
Third, I have a few feature requests:
1. It should be possible to use the xtab command with nx1 matrices, i.e.
the inputs are matrix vectors
matrix->series conversion is not that hard; are you sure you need this
2. The xtab command should be able to take a nxn matrix with
values as input an calculate a cross table from this, where this matrix is
the inner square matrix of the cross table (i.e. the cross table except the
I'm afraid this is not very clear to me. What is the input, exactly? By my
possibly wrong impression, however, it looks like you can get this by
using sumc(), sumr() and the concatenation operators "~" and "|".
3. After calculating a cross classification table from View >
Tabulation in the GUI, one gets the possibility to save the output table as
a matrix. This feature should be available also from the command line
This is exactly what the mxtab function is for. Am I missing something?
4. The parameterts of a function can currently be of six types: bool,
scalar, series, list, matrix. Please include a third type "discrete" or
"disc" for a discrete data series
5. Create a new boolean command isdiscrete() to check if a series or matrix
contains only discrete values, with outputs 1 if it is discrete and 0
This is doable quite easily and certainly useful. The availability of such
function, though, would probably make your item 4 redundant, wouldn't it?
Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti
Dipartimento di Economia
Università Politecnica delle Marche