It's a bit of a pain that they insist
on a zipfile download link and don't seem to accept compressed
.dmg, which is what we offer for OS X.
I read the guidelines for submission
) and I think that there isn't a
zip file limitations. The guidelines only say:
"Your submission must meet the following guidelines in order to be considered.
* You must agree to the Mac OS X Downloads terms and conditions for
all products submitted for consideration.
* The software must be built for Mac OS X (Universal Binary is preferred).
* You must have full rights and/or authorization from the author or
manufacturer to submit the software.
* Your software, and the content displayed on or through your
software, must not violate the intellectual property rights (including
trademark rights) of others.
* Your software must have an English user interface, include adequate
documentation, and have a Mac OS X-specific supporting website.
* Submitted software must conform to the installation guidelines.
* Software should have a complete feature set (stable releases and
demos are preferred to beta software).
* You must provide at least one working link to download the software."
There's also the issue of keeping the version info and link up
date, with such third-party download sites.
I think we could put the gretl's home page address for the downloads.
Gretl-devel mailing list
Henrique C. de Andrade
Doutorando em Economia Aplicada
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul