On Mon, 11 Jan 2021, Sven Schreiber wrote:
another minor glitch: I had a large Stata dta file and imported it into
gretl - this actually worked flawlessly via dragging-and-dropping (on
Windows). Then I went on to save it; in the save dialog gretl inserted
the extension "gdt" automatically, and when I changed the format to the
binary gdtb type in the drop-down box at the bottom, in the end I had a
file ending in .gdt.gdtb.
Obviously very easy to correct manually in various ways along the steps
taken, but maybe now we want to shake out even minor stuff like this.
Yes, let's. That issue is now fixed in git: we defer the
auto-addition of a suffix until we know which format is selected,
gdt or gdtb.