On Sun, 6 Sep 2009, Allin Cottrell wrote:
You could try this experiment: go to
and (probably after backing them up) delete all the *.la files in
that directory. Also (if necessary) track down and delete any .la
files in other directories from which libraries are pulled into
the gretl build (in my case that would include /usr/local/lib).
Then try running gretl's configure script again and see if make
I can't test on 10.6, but I tried a related experiment on 10.4.11.
tar cvfz ~/la.tgz `find . -name "*.la"`
sudo find . -name "*.la" | xargs rm
Then I went to the gretl source and did
This worked OK. (The "make clean" step was required, to flush out
references to the GTK+ .la files.)