On Sun, 21 Sep 2008, Alexander B. Gedranovich wrote:
I've already added to CVS 'ru.po' and modified
Thanks, this is looking good!
Also some cyrillic specifics:
1) 'ru.po' is encoded using UTF-8. Nevertheless, to get any
LaTeX output in function 'gretl_tex_preamble' I've made
OK, I've added that in CVS.
2) Russian encodings are: iso-8859-5 and cp1251. So, I've
modified some functions in 'gretl_intl.c'
Also updated in CVS.
3) Names of months are return in 'strange' form, all months
'DDD', so in function 'get_month_name' I've commented out...
I've taken your suggestion of changing the month dummy names to
dm_1, dm_2, etc. What we had before is going to be a mess for any
language that doesn't use the Roman character set.
5) One more trouble I've got is gnuplot titles - seems like
UTF-8 output in Russian is not supported. When running gnuplot
outside gretl titles
I think this depends on the font used with gnuplot. I just
checked with Bitstream Vera Sans and Microsoft's Verdana, and
got correct Russian text for the "Grafik chastot".
I've updated the Windows snapshot to use the Russian translation.